Friday, May 31, 2013

May Re-Make Recap

How is it the end of May already? I feel like I was just lamenting the cold temps in February and March and now here we are, almost to summer, temps in the 70s and 80s and the humidity quickly setting in. Crazy how time flies, isn't it?

spring linguine

I couldn't get enough of asparagus while it was in season (and, let's be honest, I'm going to continue to enjoy it throughout the summer). The linguine with Alfredo, asparagus, peas and poached egg was just as good the second time around. I love a poached egg on top of, well, just about anything really.

flatbread2

When I need a quick, tasty dinner these grilled chicken Caesar flatbreads are my go-to. In fact, after typing up this post I decide to add it to my weekly menu. So good.



I've made this antipasto salad countless time but recently I've become obsessed with chopped salads where all the ingredients are finely chopped. I turned this salad into a chopped salad and man, oh man was it good.



I've also been on a burger kick lately and in looking back through some of the burgers I've made I stumbled upon these ultimate sriracha burgers. The fact that I've gone more than two years without remaking these is a crime. Such a fantastic, flavorful burger.

ovenfries2

Whenever I make burgers I have to make these oven fries. The method takes a little bit of time but the results are worth it.



For a healthy dish this bacon broccoli mac and cheese packs a lot of flavor. I always love adding veggies to my mac and cheese because I feel less guilty eating it.

Chicken fajitas

I went all out for Cinco de Mayo this year, starting with these delectable citrus chicken fajitas. I marinate the chicken for a couple of hours in the citrus marinade and the flavors are incredible. You can really taste the lemon, lime and orange.



And what Mexican meal would be complete without these homemade refried beans. I cannot stress enough how good these are. And so, so simple. I implore anyone who buys canned refried beans to try this recipe. They even freeze beautifully (or so I hear, I never have leftovers).



I had to make the spicy pork and asparagus stir fry again while asparagus was in season and it never fails to amaze me how a recipe with such simple ingredients can be so flavorful. We all love this one. A lot.

phillyhoagie

I went a long time between making these Philly cheesesteak sloppy Joes for the first time and finally remaking them, but now that I have we've rediscovered our love for this simple sandwich. I've been serving mine with lettuce, tomato and raw onion, along with a red wine vinegar, oregano and mayo sauce, to be like a cheesesteak hoagie. Delicious.



After seeing this recipe for orange chicken on another blog recently I had to make it. And then I realized I already had. Ha! Just goes to show it had been too long. It's a little time consuming but that crispy coating bathed in the delicious, spicy orange sauce is so worth it.

eggbake3

These Sausage and Spinach Breakfast Sandwiches were so delicious I decided to try another combination - ham, asparagus and goat cheese. All I can say is wow. The flavors were perfect and I can't wait to try other variations soon.



We had quite a few overripe bananas sitting on the counter so SP suggested I make banana bread. I added chocolate chips and was reminded why I like this recipe so much. Good thing we have more bananas in the freezer.



I really struggle with side dishes, especially in the spring and summer when my old standby of mashed potatoes won't cut it. This chickpea salad with tomatoes, lemon, and herbs is flavorful and healthy and reminded me why I love beans so much.



We had a cookout with my parents to celebrate Memorial Day and I brought one of my favorite sides - beets with goat cheese and arugula. In looking back through my blog to find a post about this salad I realized I've never actually done one. If I'd known I would have taken a photo of the gorgeous platter of food. I bought both regular and golden beets and they were delicious. It's a good thing we eat this salad all summer.



I wanted to make an easy side dish for Memorial Day and since we've been eating a lot of potato salad lately I thought macaroni salad would be perfect. This recipe is so easy and simple.

Beef and Broccoli

Baby Girl is allergic to nuts so Chinese food is off-limits due to the risk of cross-contamination. It's a good thing I've got recipes like this beef and broccoli that taste almost as good as what we can get from our favorite local restaurant.

club salad2

I needed a quick dinner since the girls from my bootcamp class have decided to get together to exercise once a week, so this California club blue cheese chopped salad was perfect. This time I subbed hard boiled eggs for the chicken, which I think was a great idea.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!