Friday, May 24, 2013

Recipe Swap: Cowgirl Chicken Sandwich

It's Blogger's Choice recipe swap time again and this round I was assigned Ali's blog, Sparks From the Kitchen. I spent a lot of time looking through her blog before deciding on this Cowgirl Chicken Sandwich. I've been on a serious sandwich kick lately, eating one at least once a week, and SP was just asking me to make something with BBQ sauce.

cowgirlsandwich

I wanted to add a few toppings to the sandwich so I mashed up an avocado with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper and added crispy Romaine and sliced tomato. Baby Girl loved this sandwich, making all kinds of happy noises while she was eating. SP and I liked it, too, although I forgot to add additional BBQ sauce to our sandwiches and we both thought they needed it for that extra kick. It's a simple sandwich that tastes great.


Cowgirl Chicken Sandwich
As seen on Sparks From the Kitchen

2 large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
8 pieces cooked bacon
Cheddar cheese, sliced thin
BBQ sauce
Kaiser rolls
1 avocado
Juice of half a lemon
Romaine lettuce
Sliced tomato

Preheat grill pan or grill over medium high heat.

Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Add to the grill and cook 4-5 minutes on the first side, the flip and cook 3 minutes on the other side. Brush chicken with the BBQ sauce and then add the cheese. Turn off the heat and tent loosely with foil to melt the cheese.

Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash the avocado with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Split the rolls in half. Put some of the mashed avocado on the top half of each roll. Place a little sauce on the bottom piece of bread, top with chicken, bacon slices, lettuce and tomato. Add the top piece of bread and serve.



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love that everyone loved these sandwiches!! They are really tasty :)

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good chicken sandwich, I wish I had one of these for lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!