Monday, January 28, 2008

Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Peas

I learned a valuable lesson last week - boneless pork chops are only good for certain preparations. Case in point - Smothered Pork Chops really should be made with bone-in chops. I only had boneless chops on hand, but that didn't stop me from making the smothered chops:


Don't get me wrong - there was nothing bad about the meal, it just wasn't as good as it could have been. I also didn't use enough cayenne pepper in the sauce so there wasn't that spicy undertone we love about this meal. I think I'll save this for when I have bone-in chops from now on. At least you can't go wrong with mashed potatoes and peas.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. FYI, the picture of this, and of the breakfast sandwiches above, are not showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - Thanks for the heads up. Very strange. They were both working fine before....

    ReplyDelete
  3. there it is!

    looks a lot better than the one I made. with the same sides. go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!