Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola

My friend C Laz recently raved about a pork chop dish she saw Giada De Laurentiis make. She said it was super simple and very tasty. Since we had some pork chops in the freezer, I decided to try the Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola:


.. which turned out to be quite tasty on top of creamy mashed potatoes. Even though my chops were boneless, they took a lot longer than the 3 minutes per side the recipe said, which meant dinner took much longer than I had anticipated. I hate cooking when my show is on in the other room; all that running back and forth so I don't miss anything really gets old after awhile. I think I need to start cooking much simpler meals on Tuesdays.

I served the chops with a salad:


... made with red leaf lettuce, carrots, cucumber, scallions, thinly sliced red onion and a little grated cheese.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you liked it. We had it last night too, except I had the same prob you did - my chops took much longer than three minutes on each side. I too had to do the "cooking dance" while watching SVU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this dish a lot, mainly because it tastes good but also because it only uses a few ingredients that we always keep on hand. I didn't have to buy anything special at the store - always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you can always get a little tv for the kitchen! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!