Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tagged!

Dani over at The Average Cook tagged me for a meme. It's been awhile since I've done something like this. This is a 5 Random Things About Me meme so here goes...

1. I hate hot dogs. I try to like them, but I just don't. Every once in awhile I try a bite of SP's hoping maybe my tastes have changed, but alas.

2. I used to be a picky eater. I'm sure this isn't shocking considering most kids were picky eaters at some point, but it pains me to remember how I used to hate tomatoes. Now I can't get enough of them, but there was a time when I didn't. I credit my parents for always making me try at least a bite of something before deciding I wouldn't eat it.

3. I can't wink. I've just never been able to get the hang out of it for some reason.

4. I'm an avid reader. These days I don't have as much time to read, but I always try to read the daily newspaper before going to bed. I also read certain sections of the Sunday NY Times throughout the week while I'm getting ready for work or before bed if I have some extra time. Because I have minor OCD, I read the same 5 sections in the same order every week - magazine, Week in Review, Real Estate, New Jersey, and Style. I never deviate from this order. Don't ask me how I came up with that order in the first place, but now that's how it has to be done.

5. I would give anything to go back to England, even for a 2-week vacation. It pains me every day that we didn't go there on our honeymoon, back before the dollar tanked. Now we have to wait who knows how long to go back since we can't see spending double the vacation because of the pound vs. dollar exchange rate.

Thanks for tagging me, Dani! Now it's my turn to pass along the fun. I'm going to tag:

Melissa at Alosha's Kitchen
Katie at A Byootaful Life
Leica at Le fang, le kwatsa
Jessy at Messy Jessy's Musings

and one of my newest readers/commenters:
Priscilla at Priscilla Bakes

Enjoy ladies!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the taste of hot dogs...I can't seem to quite appreciate the taste for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hooray, I love memes! mememememe. :P

    oh hot dogs. I wouldn't care if I never ate one again.

    I also completely get the mild OCD behavior. I;m like that with the way my open tabs are arranged every day on the internet. the order in which I open pages each day. I also look at every single one of my links, every day. no, I'm not entirely insane (I don't think), I'm just a really methodical person. at least that's what the voices keep telling me. O_o

    sorry, I am way too tired to be talking to anyone right now hahahahaha. I should just scrap this comment but.... screw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn I WAS tired yesterday. and now, apparently, sick again. *sniff* I sounded like a maniac up there.

    thanks again for the meme. I'll be all over it later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priscilla - I'm sorry...I should have added you as another person to do the meme. I'm going to add you now. :)

    Dani - These things are always fun!

    Melissa - You are a hoot! Sounds like we both suffer from the same kind of mild OCD behavior. It's nothing crazy, we just have certain ways we like to do things. I think I've taken a shower the exact same way every single day since I was 10. LOL! And the newspaper thing, the way my windows are open on my computer, etc....I am so there with you!

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks so much Home Cook...that just made my DAY! *smile*

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!