Dani over at The Average Cook tagged me for a meme. It's been awhile since I've done something like this. This is a 5 Random Things About Me meme so here goes...
1. I hate hot dogs. I try to like them, but I just don't. Every once in awhile I try a bite of SP's hoping maybe my tastes have changed, but alas.
2. I used to be a picky eater. I'm sure this isn't shocking considering most kids were picky eaters at some point, but it pains me to remember how I used to hate tomatoes. Now I can't get enough of them, but there was a time when I didn't. I credit my parents for always making me try at least a bite of something before deciding I wouldn't eat it.
3. I can't wink. I've just never been able to get the hang out of it for some reason.
4. I'm an avid reader. These days I don't have as much time to read, but I always try to read the daily newspaper before going to bed. I also read certain sections of the Sunday NY Times throughout the week while I'm getting ready for work or before bed if I have some extra time. Because I have minor OCD, I read the same 5 sections in the same order every week - magazine, Week in Review, Real Estate, New Jersey, and Style. I never deviate from this order. Don't ask me how I came up with that order in the first place, but now that's how it has to be done.
5. I would give anything to go back to England, even for a 2-week vacation. It pains me every day that we didn't go there on our honeymoon, back before the dollar tanked. Now we have to wait who knows how long to go back since we can't see spending double the vacation because of the pound vs. dollar exchange rate.
Thanks for tagging me, Dani! Now it's my turn to pass along the fun. I'm going to tag:
Melissa at Alosha's Kitchen
Katie at A Byootaful Life
Leica at Le fang, le kwatsa
Jessy at Messy Jessy's Musings
and one of my newest readers/commenters:
Priscilla at Priscilla Bakes