Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Peas

SP is still sick with a serious head cold and I was going a bit stir-crazy after sitting home with him all day yesterday, so I decided to run out to the wholesale club this morning. We've been out of shampoo for a week at least, not to mention our freezer was looking a little bare. I stocked up on pork chops, ground beef, chicken breasts and frozen tilapia. It's great to see the freezer full of meat and fish again - I'm really looking forward to all the meals I'm going to cook in the coming weeks.

After doing all the cleaning, shopping and taking care of a sick husband all weekend, I wanted some comfort food. A family favorite are pork chops pounded thin and coated in egg and then bread crumbs mixed with Pecorino cheese. I served them with mashed potatoes cooked with garlic and frozen peas:

It was a hearty, satisfying meal. Poor SP couldn't taste a thing, but he cleaned his plate nonetheless. A good start to what's shaping up to be a good week of cooking. I love when I've got a full freezer. One of these days we'll actually get the coffin freezer for the garage and then I'll really stock up at the wholesale club. I can only imagine how crazy that bill will be!
Pin It!


  1. I'm sorry to hear SP is not feeling well. I also love the feeling of a full freezer/pantry/fridge and knowing there is so much you have that you can use to cook with! Much better than knowing you've only got 1/3 bag of frozen veggies in the freezer and a chunk of cheese! :P

  2. Well this is a sure way to make anyone feel better. Ultimate comfort food!

  3. Eh, my first message never went through. I was commiserating for SP and passing along Amber's advice to eat Thai soup. Says it'll knock whatever ails ya out.


  4. I'm so sorry SP isn't feeling well. seems like everyone is in that boat right now.

    love the stuff you've been making though. I love having a full freezer too. and shopping wholesale is so much fun, and they have great stuff. :) hope SP is able to taste the goodness again soon!

  5. Katie - SP is doing better, thanks! And yes, a full pantry/freezer is great. One of these days I'll do that fridge/freezer photo thing!

    her-mrs - THANKS!! And thanks for the soup idea. We love Thai food, so next time he's sick we'll give that a try.

    Melissa - Thanks! SP is on the mend. He said he could taste parts of last night's dinner. :)


I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!