Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Grilled Shrimp with Anchovy Butter

One of our favorite restaurants for special occasions serves a grilled shrimp with anchovy butter appetizer that I've always wanted to try making at home. We had some jumbo shrimp leftover from Christmas Eve dinner and my parents were coming over, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity.


I grilled the shrimp until they were just barely cooked through. The smoke from the charcoal grill is imperative for this recipe since that's what gives the shrimp most of its amazing flavor. For the anchovy butter I melted a few tablespoons of butter in a pan and then added half a tin of anchovies. The anchovies melted into the butter, which I then drizzled over each serving. A squeeze of lemon adds brightness to the dish, accentuating all the flavors.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds interesting! I love a hint of anchovy in things so I may have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!