Monday, February 22, 2010

Smothered Chicken

I saw this recipe for Smothered Chicken at my friend Amy's blog and thought it would be a good thing to make in the crockpot. I prepped everything the night before so all I had to do was plug it in that morning, come home and make the noodles and viola!


Unfortunately the end result wasn't as good as Amy's stovetop version. For starters, the chicken was incredibly tough. Like almost inedible. Now granted, I used breast meat, but isn't slowcooking supposed to break down the fibers in meat and make it more tender? I also WAY overdid it with the Tony's seasoning. Amy sent me some Tony's awhile back and while we like spicy food, I added way too much of it. I didn't realize it was spicy, despite reading the can and seeing that red pepper was the second ingredient. Oops. I think I need to try again, this time using bone-in chicken and being a bit more liberal with the Tony's.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. So bummed that it didn't turn out in the crockpot version. :(

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!