Friday, February 12, 2010

Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

The thing I love about roast chicken is how easy it is to make. I served it with mashed potatoes and green beans:


We had a chicken in the freezer from the last trip to the wholesale club, so all I had to do was season it (stuff the cavity with crushed garlic and a lemon cut into wedges, sprinkle the outside with salt and pepper) and rub the outside with oil. It baked at 400 degrees for about an hour and a half. My chicken was a little frozen in the center, so I ended up having to cut the meat off the bone and finish roasting it on a sheet pan.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love a warm-looking meal like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger award!
    See details here:
    http://tastestalesandtours.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!