Friday, February 26, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but I made so many additions maybe my readers can overlook the fact that this meal started out in a box. Yup, this is a Chicken Helper meal - chicken alfredo.


Obviously I made a few additions - the broccoli, sliced mushrooms and bacon. It was a surprisingly good meal, considering I never would have been caught dead making any of the Helper meals a mere 4 months ago. When you doctor them up with fresh ingredients they really do taste pretty good.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my go-to meals. However, I use Pasta Roni Fettucini Alfredo, I find it less salty than the Chicken Helper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I for one love that you posted this! One of my best friends makes those boxed shells and cheese meals, but she adds sausage and broccoli and it's SO good and SO fast. We all need that. I wish more people would cop to it.

    Also? When I really, really crave something I know Steve doesn't like? I make it, and just make him Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper. :P

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!