Monday, February 08, 2010

Cheeseburger Meatloaf, Scalloped Potatoes and Broccoli with Cheese

A few weeks after giving birth to Baby Girl a few of my friends got together to make us some freezer meals. My friend Lauren made us Cheeseburger Meatloaf, which might sound weird but was amazingly good.


She shared the recipe with me and I've since made it for dinner a few times. It's easy to throw together and has great flavor. Lauren adds a squirt of yellow mustard to the mix so I do, too. I served the meatloaf with scalloped potatoes (yes, from a box) and broccoli that SP asked me to coat with some shredded cheddar cheese.


I think my favorite part are the pieces of bread & butter pickles throughout the meat. Yum!

Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Everyday with Rachael Ray

2 tablespoons
extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
1 red onion, finely chopped
2/3 cup
ketchup
2/3 cup
bread crumbs
2 large eggs
1/2 cup bread-and-butter pickle chips, chopped
1-1/2 pounds
ground beef
8 ounces
cheddar cheese, cut into 1/3-inch cubes

Preheat the oven to 400°.

Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs and pickles; mix in the onion. Crumble in the beef, add the cheese and mix together. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 4-by-12-inch loaf.

Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°, about 35 minutes.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Mm, I love the pickle chunks too! And sometimes I use cubed cheese (rather than shredded) which sometimes give you a gooey pocket of yumminess. Hmm - I gotta make this again soon... So glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meatloaf looks delicious. Potatoes from a box? I didn't know they even made that anymore. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!