Saturday, February 02, 2008

Fettuccine with Roasted Chicken and Broccoli Rabe

SP bought two large bunches of broccoli rabe to have with the burrata on Sunday, but I ended up needing only one. The obvious choice to use up the other bunch would have been pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe, but I didn't want to buy more meat when I had plenty in the freezer. After some searching on the Food Network I found this Giada recipe for Fettuccine with Roasted Chicken and Broccoli Rabe:


I added some chopped onion and garlic to make it more interesting and left out the pine nuts because they can be expensive. I also baked two chicken breasts in my toaster oven instead of roasting an entire chicken, which worked out just fine. I really liked the flavor, but neither of us was enamored with the dish. It was tasty enough and a good way to use up leftover ingredients, but I doubt we'll be repeating this one.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!