Monday, August 21, 2006

Chinese Food

Pork Egg Foo Yung. Chicken with Mixed Vegetables. An egg roll. Bar-B-Que Spareribs. Crispy noodles with duck sauce.

No, I didn't cook tonight. And neither did SP. But man, did we enjoy our dinner. Greasy Chinese food that has left me gulping down water like it's going out of style paired with an excellent action/suspense movie. After a long day of driving and a weekend away from home, this was just what the doctor ordered.



My plate, from left to right, chicken with mixed vegetables, an egg roll and pork egg foo yung with gravy. I eat my egg rolls with a mixture of that fluorescent pink duck sauce and spicy mustard.



I had to take a picture of the crispy noodles. Most Chinese restaurants cheap out and serve those thin brown noodles that taste like cardboard. These, on the other hand, are light, airy, crispy and greasy. We always fight over them in our house.

UPDATE: Am I alone in thinking roast pork egg foo yung is utterly amazing? There is just something about the combination of fluffy egg, chunks of roast pork, sweet onion and that rich, brown gravy that leaves me paralyzed with happiness.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried roast pork egg foo yung. I usually eat sweet & sour chicken or pork or general tso's or pork fried rice. I should expand my horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! It is orgasmic. Seriously, it's like Chinese comfort food. That pillowy soft omelet with the roast pork and the onions...and that sauce. Mmmm....I just ate and I could still go for some right now.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!