Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Antipasto Salad

Antipasto salad
This is one of my favorite salads at an Italian restaurant but there's only one place I've had it where they didn't skimp on the extras like fresh mozzarella, meat and olives. As soon as Elly posted this Antipasto Salad on her blog I knew I'd found a great recipe to make at home. Why it never occurred to me to make it at home is beyond me. It's not like there's anything difficult about chopping some veggies and whisking together a vinaigrette. Now I can make my favorite salad at home whenever I want. Thanks Elly!

Antipasto Salad
As seen on Elly Says Opa!

Salad:
3 hearts of romaine
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced cucumbers
1/3 lb. genoa salami, thick dice
1/3 lb. ham, thick dice
1/2 lb. mozzarella
1/3 lb. provolone brick cheese, diced
1/4 cup olives
1 large banana pepper or 2-3 pepperoncini, sliced

Dressing:
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Tuscan/Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Lightly toss together the salad ingredients.

In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, oregano, and Dijon. Slowly stream in the oil, while continuing to whisk, until it emulsifies and is well-combined. Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing to combine.
Pin It!

2 comments:

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!