Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Weekly Menu- Week of December 4, 2011


Now that December is here I feel like we're on a downward slide to Hanukkah, Christmas and celebrating the New Year. It may only be early December now but before we know it we'll be opening presents and ringing in 2012. In fact, we bought our Christmas tree over the weekend and decorated it Sunday night. I love that warm glow in the living room.

Like most people this time of year, our weekends are quickly filling up with errands and parties or events. Add working full time and keeping a curious toddler from destroying the Christmas tree and I am one tired cook. I'm trying to keep our menus simple and make at least one meal at week that requires very little effort in order to maintain my sanity.

Sunday - Smothered Pork Medallions, mashed potatoes, green beans - In my quest to find good pork recipes, this one from my friend Melissa sounded easy, delicious and a great way to use up some the buttermilk I still have lurking in my fridge.

Monday - Cheese ravioli, sauce and garlic bread

Tuesday - FFY

Wednesday - Orecchiette with Sausage, Beans, and Mascarpone - I'm really excited for this recipe because of the creamy factor. I'm actually going to make my own mascarpone using ingredients I always keep on hand instead of buying the expensive stuff.

Thursday - Skillet BBQ Chicken Pasta - I won't be going as healthy as Nicole with the whole wheat pasta and low-fat everything, but the original recipe sounds right up our alley.

Friday - Homemade pizza
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I too am trying to figure out how to keep a toddler from destroying a Christmas tree! Yesterday I found her sitting on a present! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!