Saturday, December 03, 2011

Classic Chicken Noodle Soup

I don't usually post over the weekend but sometimes things come up.


I "know" Annie through my cooking board. While I've never met her in person, when I heard that on Thanksgiving she lost her father suddenly I felt so sad for her and her family. Instead of sharing a delicious meal, she and her loved ones grieved.

The ladies on the cooking board got together and came up with a plan to dedicate comfort food posts to Annie, to help with her healing. What could be more comforting than a big bowl of Classic Chicken Noodle Soup? I made this with the last of my Thanksgiving turkey and even Baby Girl liked it.

Annie, you and your family are in my thoughts.

Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
Slightly Modified from Smells Like Home

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup medium-diced celery (2 stalks)
1 cup medium-diced carrots (3 carrots)
1 cup medium-dice onion (1 medium onion)
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 quarts chicken/turkey stock
2 cups wide egg noodles
2-3 cups cooked shredded chicken (or turkey)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the celery, carrots, onions, salt, and pepper and cook for 10-12 minutes until softened. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil over high heat, and add the noodles. Cook the noodles for 10 minutes, then add the chicken (or turkey) and parsley. Allow the chicken/turkey to heat through. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this Sarah. I really appreciate it and the soup looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!