Sunday, September 24, 2006

Chicken Sandwiches and Spicy O'Nuts

Warning: I'm going to toot my own horn for a second. I know I'm a good cook, but sometimes I surprise even myself.



Tonight's dinner was simple yet sublime: chicken sandwiches topped with caramelized onions and green peppers and smothered with melted cheddar cheese served alongside Rachael Ray's Spicy O'Nuts.

I marinated the chicken with some olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder and then sauteed it in a skillet since I didn't feel like dirtying my table top electric grill. I thickly sliced an onion and a green bell pepper and cooked them in another skillet until they were soft and caramelized. We got some nice pillowy soft Kaiser rolls at the supermarket and I toasted mine before layering on the chicken, onions and green bell pepper, topping it with sliced cheddar cheese and running it under the broiler. A nice slathering of mayo on the top bun completed my utterly delicious sandwich.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!