Friday, February 28, 2014

February Re-Make Recap

It's the end of February!! Woohoo!! Next weekend is daylight savings time. In three weeks we'll be celebrating the first day of spring. Yes, a big swath of the country is expecting continued cold temps and more snow over these next few weeks but I'm looking at the big picture - we're almost done with winter, at least officially. And after this brutal winter I'll take whatever I can get.

February was another delicious, if short, month in our house.


I don't remember the last time I made these Hawaiian chicken sandwiches but it's been too long. This is one of my all-time favorite sandwiches and I'm happy to report that Baby Girl loved them as well. In the past she hasn't liked the pineapple on top but this time she was a big fan.



We brought the rest of the eggplant rollatini to my parent's house for dinner one Sunday. I have to say, the dishes in the freezer were even better than the one I served the night I made it. And all we had to do was pop them in the oven to heat up and dinner was served.

citrus chicken burrito

I'm sure you all know by now that these citrus chicken burritos are my favorite Mexican dish to make at home. I just wish it wasn't so time-consuming to prep all the ingredients.


And, of course, you know I served the burritos with refried beans.


I was looking back through my archives for a ground beef recipe to change things up and remembered this skillet beef stroganoff. This is a family favorite and SP and Baby Girl were both happy to see it back on the meal plan.

crispy potatoes

Whenever I serve sandwiches these days I have to make these oven roasted potatoes. They're perfect every time.

fish sandwich2

I think these crispy fish sandwiches are my new favorite way to serve fish. The sauce is incredible and the crispy fish is delicious.


Another family favorite, this skillet spaghetti and meatballs is always a winner with SP and Baby Girl.


I wanted to make something different with a pork tenderloin I had in the freezer and remembered this orange and rosemary pork tenderloin. The sauce is what makes this recipe so incredible.

Untitled

We all loved this broccoli cheddar risotto. I'm so glad SP decided he likes risotto after all.

banana chocolate chip muffins

I had more overripe bananas I needed to use up so, of course, I made another batch of these banana chocolate chip muffins.



Of course I made this Texas Roadhouse knockoff salad multiple times throughout the month. We brought it for my parent's house with the eggplant rollatini and my mom said it really is the best salad.


Another one from the archives, this chicken broccoli stir fry is a great way to enjoy Chinese food without getting takeout.



I made a double batch of the spicy pork and asparagus stir fry so I could freeze individual portions for lunches. I love serving it over angel hair when I don't have anything for lunch.

spring linguine

Asparagus was super cheap recently so I bought two bunches without having a plan for what to make. SP asked me to make this springtime pasta since it's a pantry staple. I forgot how much I love this dish and can't wait to make it again.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!