Monday, May 02, 2011

Recipe Swap Roundup - Asian

The theme for this week's recipe swap on the cooking board was Asian recipes. They could be from any country in Asia and didn't need to be authentic, just tasty. There were a lot of delicious recipes submitted and I have to admit to some swap envy. I'll definitely be making some of these soon.

Jey took her recipe for Korean Short Ribs and made it into Korean Short Rib Tacos with Quick Pickled Radish and Pear:



MaryEllen is no stranger to Asian cooking and her recipe for Kung Pao Chicken made a quick and tasty weeknight meal:


Caitlin didn't have beef on hand the night she planned to make her recipe, so she subbed chicken thighs to make Orange Teriyaki Chicken with Noodles:


The Cookaholic Wife was very excited to participate in the Asian swap because she isn't able to get good Chinese takeout where she lives. Her recipe for Chicken Fried Rice really hit the spot:


Inna's recipe for Asian Grilled Salmon with Coconut Rice was one of the recipes I was lusting over when it was submitted. Her whole family loved it, which makes me even more anxious to get it on the menu ASAP.


Jaida had another of the recipes I had been hoping to get in the swap - Seared Wasabi-Sesame Tuna with Avocado Cream & Maple Soy Sauce. The name alone had me drooling. She proclaimed it a big hit.


Jill got to try something new with her recipe for Asian Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp:


Heather recreated one of her favorite restaurant appetizers at home with Vegetable Tempura:


Melissa was thrilled to have the chance to make Thai food at home and really enjoyed her recipe for Tom Yum Soup:


Nicole enjoyed her recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps so much she made them twice in one week:


Kate made a few changes to the recipe I submitted for Thai Chicken Curry, but the result was just as delicious as the original:


Katie's recipe for Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken was a hit with her family:


My recipe for Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp was easy, delicious and gorgeous to look at:

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...now I've got a serious asain food craving! I need to give those lettuce wraps a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round-up! Many new recipes to try, and I can't wait.
    Thanks for organizing this again.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!