Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Recipe Swap - Portobello Parmesan

I love participating in recipe swaps but I have to admit I was nervous about doing the vegetarian-themed one. We are a meat and potatoes family and I was worried we'd end up with something involving a lot of ingredients I don't normally cook with. Imagine my relief when my recipe was for Portobello Parmesan, courtesy of Lishie over at DeLish!


As you know by now, SP is a serious mushroom fan so this was right up his alley. And it couldn't be easier to make. I think it took me 10 minutes from wiping the mushrooms to putting the casserole dish in the oven. I love meals like that! Thanks for a real winner, Lishie!

Portobello Parmesan
DeLish!

8 small OR 4 large portobello mushrooms, wiped, stems removed
olive oil
salt & pepper
3-4 cups marinara sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup shredded parmesan

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat a large skillet or grill over medium heat. Brush the portobello caps with the olive oil on both sides. Salt and pepper each cap. Place in the skillet or grill about 5 minutes per side.

In an oiled baking dish, spread 1 cup marinara sauce. Place the mushroom caps, bottom facing up, on the sauce. Ladle more sauce into each cap. Place shredded mozzarella onto each cap, then top with shredded parmesan cheese.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbling and browned
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you all liked it! And that it went to a mushroom loving home :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very lovely pasta dish this is! I would love to try this one out. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved this dish! Perfect for a quick-but-hearty meal!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!