Friday, March 11, 2011

Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese Sandwich

My friend Melissa over at I Was Born to Cook recently posted about the infamous Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese Sandwich. Those of you from the NJ area are probably quite familiar with this NJ diner classic.


Reading her blog post sent my stomach into craving overdrive. And my shameful secret is that I was never a big fan of pork roll, despite growing up in NJ. I know, I know, how is that possible?

SP picked up some Taylor Ham (aka pork roll) for me at the supermarket and I made us both pork roll, egg and cheese sandwiches. I opted for two eggs, one slice of pork roll and a slice of American cheese with salt and pepper on a toasted, buttered roll. It was heavenly. I can't wait to make another.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I swear I'd make them for dinner if it wasn't Friday. I love that you're now a big fan! We'll have to meet halfway for breakfast one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds heavenly. I could eat one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Never heard of the combination of pork roll, egg and cheese before but it obviously works from the sounds of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that looks really, really good. I want it now!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!