Thursday, March 24, 2011

Caesar Salad Dressing

I love Caesar salad, especially now that I've taken to making my own dressing. I served these salads with the Portobello Parmesan I made for the vegetarian recipe swap.


I combined two recipes awhile ago to make use of ingredients I always have on hand. I usually throw everything into my mini food processor. I've started grating large slices of Pecorino cheese over the lettuce and croutons and it's been a huge hit.

Caesar Salad Dressing

1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons anchovy paste (or 2 anchovy filets)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayo
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

Combine lemon juice, anchovy paste, cheese, mayo, garlic, white wine vinegar and Worcestershie sauce in blender. Blend until smooth and then drizzle in oil while blender is on. Season with salt and pepper.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking that I should make a homemade dressing for my salad tonight. I'll try yours- looks good.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!