Sunday, March 28, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Burger and Blue Cheese Potato Salad

We love the combination of buffalo wings and blue cheese so I'm always looking for ways to serve them. I thought this one was pretty much the best ever, although SP didn't agree (his favorite is still the buffalo chicken pizza).


I was going to make buffalo chicken sandwiches my usual way, but on the drive home I had a brainstorm and decided to grind the chicken instead and make burger patties. I mixed the chicken meat with breadcrumbs, Frank's hot sauce and finely chopped red onion and celery. I topped the patties with crispy iceburg lettuce and lots of Marie's blue cheese dressing:


What are buffalo wings without the blue cheese, in this meal in the form of potato salad:


SP thought the burgers were a little dry and he wished for more Frank's flavor, but I thought everything was perfect. Hopefully he'll let me try again.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. These look great. We love buffalo anything and I'm always looking for creative buffalo chicken dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm buffalo sauce-flavored burgers sound excellent! That is one of my favorite sauces ever. You should try making a buffalo chicken calzone! Almost as awesome as buffalo chicken pizza. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A magical combination for sure! I keep the wing sauce around to use as a condiment or addition to many dishes!! Being new to your blog, I'm not sure what is 'been there done that' we love to use blue cheese is in a greek yogurt dip!

    http://foodtherapy4me.blogspot.com/2010/02/super-bowl-sunday-2010.html

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!