Monday, October 12, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Wraps and Blue Cheese Potato Salad

We love buffalo chicken sandwiches and since I had some leftover tortillas I thought I'd make wraps.


I coated the chicken in cornstarch and egg before shallow frying so they'd be nice and crispy before tossing them in Frank's hot sauce and butter. I spread the tortillas with homemade blue cheese dressing (mayo, sour cream and crumbled blue cheese), and layered in chopped iceburg lettuce and chicken pieces. They were delicious but the wraps were difficult to eat - sandwiches would have been better.

For the potato salad I followed a recipe I found on epicurious.com, but made a few changes (see below):


It was creamy and delicious, with great blue cheese flavor. It isn't a recipe I'd make all the time but I'll definitely make it again soon.

Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Modified from epicurious.com


1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
3 green onions, minced
2 ribs celery, chopped

Combine white wine, Dijon mustard and cider vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.

Place potatoes in large pot. Cover with cold water. Boil until tender. Drain. Place on a baking sheet and toss with the white wine mixture. Put in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Transfer to large bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add remaining ingredients, mix with potatoes and adjust seasoning. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.)
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Very yummy. Sorta deconstructed wings with blue cheese dressing. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog from Brooke's and I am in love with your recipes! I can't wait to go through your blog carefully tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drool sooo bad every time I see this picture of the buffalo chicken!!!!!! What's the cornstarch egg white ratio you use?

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!