Sunday, March 29, 2009

Risotto with Tomato and Spinach

SP had to work late last week so I decided to make some dishes he doesn't really like since he wouldn't be home for dinner. One thing I love that he refuses to eat is risotto. I made a batch with tomato and spinach:


It was delicious. I used a can of tomatoes my mom and I canned last summer, separating the tomato juice from the chunks of tomato. I added the juice to the stock and it imparted a rich tomato flavor. I finished the risotto with a few pats of butter and grated Pecorino cheese.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I think all of us do that right? I look forward to being at home this week on vacation and making lunches of stuff for myself that Steve doesn't like.

    Very awesome that you had the tomatoes from last summer to do this risotto, I forgot about those. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having halloumi salad this week, as my OH is away and I know he can't stand it! Hope it's as tasty as your risotto.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!