Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pizza Friday

We had one pizza dough left in the freezer but not much mozzarella cheese, so I had to improvise for Pizza Friday last week. I knew we had some frozen spinach in the freezer so I thought I'd make a white pizza:


I defrosted the spinach, rung it dry in a kitchen towel and then sauteed it with some chopped shallot, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg. I mixed the spinach with some leftover ricotta cheese and spread it over the rolled-out dough, then topped the pizza with mozzarella cheese.

If you notice the last few pizzas have had a ton of bubbles in them. I'm not overworking the dough - I barely roll it out - so I think we just got an airy batch of dough. This one was the worst though...it looked like an alien pizza and the pieces with the bubbles were separating. In theory this pie should have been great, but it just didn't hit the spot. We're definitely a tomato sauce on pizza family.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love white pizza and this looks delicious with all that spinach! Totally delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White pizza is my favorite kind and that spinach looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love bubbles in my pizza crust. But I'm weird like that ;) It looks delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I am not a red sauce gal, so bring it on. All over it.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!