Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pork Chops and Broccoli

I don't feel like I've made anything good for dinner lately. Friday we had pizza, which was great, but after that things went downhill. SP was at the auto show on Saturday with our nephews, so I had leftovers for lunch. Then we ended up going out Saturday night because we needed to unwind. Sunday we had pancakes for breakfast, but I didn't feel like taking a picture and they were just OK. I made them from scratch and was really proud of myself, but we don't have a real griddle pan so by the time I cooked them all the original ones were lukewarm at best. Our Big Game food was OK, but we only had chicken leftover. I made some rice and minced some scallion to go with it, but the chicken did not reheat well at all. In fact, it was almost inedible. Then last night we had to run over to my MIL's house to take care of something and ended up going out to eat with her, which meant I had nothing for lunch today, which equaled a peanut butter sandwich, some pretzels and a few slices of cheddar cheese. Not exactly filling.

Which brings me to tonight. I won't even get into how we ate at the same incredibly-bad-for-you-but-oh-so-amazingly-tasty restaurant on Saturday AND Monday nights, but let's just say I was looking for something a little less fattening tonight. I defrosted some pork chops so I did the usual breaded and lightly fried in olive oil deal and served it with steamed broccoli:


I really loved steamed broccoli and the pork chops are always tasty. No starch, in an effort to be a tad healthier. Why, why, why does all the stuff that's so bad for you taste so damn good?
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those pork chops look amazing! The breading job looks perfect and it looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing image. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, you make the best pork chops. mine never look that good when I try to bread/lightly fry them. don't know why. just need practice I guess. :)

    I know what you're feeling on the blah stuff days in a row. and we've also ordered food in quite a bit lately. I know a while back I said I'd still rather cook even when I work OT, but working for two weeks straight, with nights and weekends because of deadlines, and I just haven't had the energy. but here I sat thinking you (and a few others out there in blogland) always, always cooked. I'm kind of comforted knowing that isn't the case. I think I'm holding myself to too high a standard or something hahaha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa - Thanks!! It took me a long time to find the perfect method. :) You'll get there!

    I don't know what's wrong with me this week. I always like to cook - even on days when SP practically begs me to go out, I just feel like cooking at home. But this past week I've wanted to go out almost every night. In fact, we would have gone out again last night if SP had been feeling well (he had a massive headache and upset stomach...poor guy). Don't feel like you always have to cook and believe me, there are plenty of times when I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!