Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday Cooking

I like to use my time on Sundays to get ready for the week's meals. Since I get home around 7:30 every night, it's nice to have everything prepped and ready to go. I cleaned and trimmed green beans for dinner tomorrow, as well as some broccoli to go with pierogies and broccoli on Wednesday.



My mom gave me some yellow squash, an eggplant, tomatoes, a red pepper and a yellow pepper from this week's box of veggies. I decided to roast them today so I could serve them with pork chops later in the week. I cut everything (including an onion) into long, matchstick pieces, tossed them on a cookie sheet with some olive oil, salt, pepper and herbes de Provence and baked them at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.



I've been craving something sweet after lunch, so I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies. I used another one of Debbie's recipes. They're still cooling, but they smell and look divine.

And since the weather is getting cooler, I decided to bake a strata so SP and I could have something hearty for breakfast. This is my Christmas Morning Strata, a staple in our house every year. It has sausage and Swiss cheese and is mouthwateringly good. A strata has to be assembled the day before it's baked to give all the ingredients time to come together, so that'll be a post for tomorrow.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!