Friday, March 16, 2012

Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs

When I saw that I'd been accepted for the FoodBuzz Activia Brunch I knew I needed to finally try these Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs I'd seen on Melissa's blog a few months ago. Not only did they look delicious, but how awesome is it to be able to make scrambled eggs ahead of time?


These exceeded my expectations. They were absolutely fantastic. I cut the recipe by 1/3 (using a dozen eggs and cutting the rest of the ingredients according) and only had one serving left, which I enjoyed for breakfast the next day. SP thought the eggs were a little runny from the sour cream and half & half, but I like my eggs that way so I wasn't bothered. The tang from the sour cream was a great touch and the fresh tomato on top was excellent.

Make these for your next brunch (or lunch, dinner, whatever) and you won't be disappointed!

Make-Ahead Scrambled Eggs
I Was Born to Cook

18 eggs
3/4 cup half & half
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups light sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
sliced tomato

Beat eggs and half & half together in a large bowl. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring frequently but gently, until set but not completely cooked.

Remove pan from heat and add sour cream. Spread eggs into a greased 9x13 pan, then add cheese (leaving about 1/2 cup), salt and pepper. Stir, then spread evenly. Top with remaining cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate.

When ready to bake, heat oven to 350. Uncover and add tomato slices on top. Warm through for about 25-30 minutes. You could also set the temp lower and bake them longer.
Pin It!

1 comment:

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!