Monday, June 21, 2010

Ham and Egg Sandwiches

Lately I've been obsessed with ham and egg sandwiches. I buy the Virginia-style ham at the supermarket since it has a nice, smoky, tangy flavor. I usually make it with toast but we had hamburger rolls we needed to use up so I used those instead. This was dinner so I made two sandwiches instead of one.


I toasted the buns, then buttered them, added a slice of American cheese, topped with slices of ham and a perfectly fried egg seasoned with salt and pepper.

The breaking of the yolk is always my favorite part of eating one of these sandwiches. It makes a nice "sauce" for the sandwich.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh nothing beats an egg filled roll with some meat crammed in for good measure, so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just had this this morning!love the runny yoke, also works wonders after a night of little too much spirits***
    Thanks
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That looks great! I need to come up with an alternative thought. I am on a low carb diet and must remove the buns...I would love to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!