Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Attempt at Sicilian Pizza

I had a feeling this was doomed from the beginning, but I thought I'd see if I could make Sicilian pizza at home. Unfortunately the answer is no, at least with the dough I buy.


The pizza was good, but it didn't have that spongey Sicilian texture. In fact it was more like a pan pizza. I'm sure I need to make a special kind of dough to get that perfect consistency, but I don't work with yeast so yeah...guess I'll be buying my Sicilian pizzas from my local pizza parlor.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Better luck next time on the crust. However, the cheese on that looks awesome, all nice brown and flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried. But I've heard the key to Sicilian pizza is a dough very similar to italian bread. My fiance is from Rhode Island and has holiday traditions of pizza from federal hill and I've been meaning to recreate it for awhile. This gave me the motivation to just jump into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, even though it didn't meet your expectations, this looks delish!!
    -pleasefeedme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!