Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Turkey Day! Yes, I know this post is a little late but things are hectic around here, as you can imagine. This year we decided to keep things very low-key. We still went to my parent's house, but SP did some of the cooking (veggie sides and dessert) and my mom did the turkey and the rest of the sides. It was a great time and Baby Girl slept through the whole meal, allowing everyone to enjoy a hot meal together.

Here's the turkey, fresh from the oven:


And here it is after my stepdad worked his carving magic:


Glorious, fluffy mashed potatoes:


SP made the stuffing, with a little help from me:


...with a hint of apple from apple cider. Delish! He also made green bean casserole:


Yes, it had cream of mushroom soup, but the beans were fresh. Cranberry sauce:


Glazed carrots:


... were the surprise hit of the year. It was a simple recipe using brown sugar, sherry and baby carrots and butter. Plenty of gravy made from the turkey drippings:


The table all laid out:


My plate with lots of everything.


I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Next year maybe Baby Girl will be helping out in the kitchen.
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I love your Thanksgiving posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful meal! I love making those glazed carrots - I sometimes will use the maple sugar and butter, other times honey, both are great and similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your baby girl let you have a hot Thanksgiving dinner! :-)

    I could eat that whole bowl of potatoes (with a little gravy on top)! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The stuffing made a drool a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh. this thanksgiving meal looks absolutely scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious and has me looking forward to next November!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! My name is Gillian and I work for Cedar Fort, a Publishing Company. We publish tons of cookbooks (you might have heard of 101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 minutes). I do the blogs for the company and have started up a recipe blog. I loved all the recipes on your blog- and was wondering if you would like to do a little exchange with me? I could give you a recipe from one of our cookbooks for you to share, and you could share one of your favorite recipes with us. Would you be willing to do that? If you are, my e-mail is gmohmlan@cedarfort.com. I would love to hear from you! Thanks! Great Blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If these are not comfort foods, what is? I want some of each or an invitation for next year to come to EAT for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!