Wednesday, February 13, 2019

One Pot Cowboy Casserole

I recently saw this recipe for Crockpot Cowboy Casserole on my friend Kylee's blog. I don't use my crockpot so I knew immediately that I wanted to make this into a one pot stove top meal.

Cowboy casserole

I had no idea this was going to be worth blogging so I didn't take a good photo. D'oh. So you'll just have to trust me that this was delicious. Steve thought it was basically chili, which I usually refuse to make because I just don't love it. But this...so homey and comforting. And easy. So, so easy.

Stovetop Cowboy Casserole
Modified from Kylee Cooks

1 lb ground beef
1 large onion sliced
3 large potatoes, diced
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz. can diced tomatoes, UNdrained
10.5oz can cream of chicken soup
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
handful cilantro, minced

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and leave it alone so it can start to brown. Add the onion and cook until the beef is fully cooked and the onions are translucent.

Add the potatoes, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

After 30 minutes, uncover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes to thicken the sauce. Turn off the heat, sprinkle the cheese on top and cover. Let the cheese melt before serving. Top with cilantro and serve.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!