Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Onion Ring Topped BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers

It's been awhile since we've had beef burgers but as soon as I saw these Onion Ring Topped BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers over at Lauren's Latest I had to put them on the menu. SP is a big onion ring fan and he also enjoys BBQ sauce on his burger.

I forgot to buy a slicing tomato at the supermarket so I opted to leave off the lettuce and tomato. Big mistake. These burgers were good, don't get me wrong, but I was missing something green. A side salad or something to cut the richness of the beef and onion rings. I've also decided I don't like pieces of onion in my burgers since they don't have a chance to fully cook on the grill.

Once again I was blown away by an Alexia product. We've been enjoying their shoestring fries for some time now but the onion rings were a new purchase. Delicious and crispy in the oven - you can't beat that.

Onion Ring Topped BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers
Slightly modified from Lauren’s Latest

1 13.5 oz. package frozen onion rings, such as Alexia brand
4 slices thick cut bacon
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup BBQ sauce + more for the burgers
Salt & pepper, to taste
4 slices cheese
4 hamburger buns, toasted
Mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.

Cook onion rings according to package directions. While those are in the oven, cook your bacon to desired doneness and drain on paper towels.

For the burger patties, in a small bowl, stir ground beef, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper together until combined. Divide into two equal patties. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook patties on medium heat for approximately 7 minutes per side. Alternatively you can use a grill. In the last few minutes of cooking add the cheese and melt.

To assemble burgers, place cooked patty onto hamburger buns and top with more BBQ sauce, cooked bacon, onion rings and any other desired toppings. Serve immediately with any remaining onion rings and/or fries.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love onion rings. We've only had Alexia Sweet Potato Fries and Tater Tots, we may have to try their other products. Looks like a great burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I know I can still get DH to fire up the grill in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! I always feel like we never eat enough burgers during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fabulous! And I've never met an Alexia product I didn't like-the onion rings and sweet potato fries are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!