Friday, March 07, 2014

Chocolate Pudding

It's recipe swap time again. The theme this month was Blogger's Choice, which can be both fun and nerve wracking. This month I was given Eva's blog. Eva is a baker. I don't bake. I was a little worried.

I spent a great deal of time looking through Eva's blog trying to decide what to make. Unfortunately the first recipe I chose was a flop, but I'm forever grateful because it brought me to this recipe for Chocolate Pudding.

Untitled

Guys, seriously, if you like chocolate pudding you NEED to try this recipe. Thick, rich, and chocolately beyond compare. This is the ultimate chocolate pudding. And simple as all get out. I couldn't believe it used pantry ingredients and took less than 30 minutes, most of which was spent whisking it on the stove while checking Facebook on my phone. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as Baby Girl would say.

Untitled

We brought this to my parent's house for dessert one Sunday and we were all amazed by how good it was. I was practically licking my ramekin clean. Next time I'll double the recipe because there weren't any leftovers. Thanks for an amazing recipe, Eva!

Chocolate Pudding
As seen on Eva Bakes, originally from The Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 cups milk
a pinch of salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine the chocolate, sugar and milk in a medium-sized, heavy saucepan. Heat gently over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat.

Put the salt and cornstarch in a medium-sized bowl. Pour half the milk mixture into the bowl, whisking vigorously until all the cornstarch is dissolved. Whisk the contents of the bowl back into the saucepan.

Return the pan to medium-low heat and whisk constantly for about 10-15 minutes, or until the pudding becomes thick and glossy. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.

Transfer the hot pudding to a serving bowl or individual ramekins. Lay a sheet of waxed paper over the surface of the pudding, pressing down gently, so a skin doesn't form. Chill completely before serving.

To see what other recipes were made click on the links below.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad this pudding turned out, even though the first one was a flop (which recipe did you try?). Thanks for hosting as usual, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brownie cookies. I don't know what went wrong :(

      Delete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!