Monday, March 11, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta

SP had a work event recently, which meant he wouldn't be home for dinner. When I'm on my own I like to make things he doesn't like so I can enjoy them without feeling guilty that he's only tolerating his dinner. This Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta was right up my alley - creamy goat cheese, roasted red peppers and artichokes combine to make a luscious sauce for fettuccine.

roasted red pepper pasta

This did not disappoint and as an added bonus it was ready in mere minutes. The pasta water hadn't even come to a boil and the sauce was already done. I love easy weeknight meals like this - too bad SP wouldn't have been a fan. Baby Girl, on the other hand, yummed it up. Score one for the ladies in the house.

Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta
Marcus Samuelsson

1/2 lb pasta (I used fettuccine)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, grated
1/2 cup half and half
4 oz goat cheese
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
3 roasted red bell peppers , coarsely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1 handful basil
8 oz artichoke hearts, cut into quarters

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve.

Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.

Add the half and half, goat cheese, Parmesan and roasted red peppers and simmer until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and add the basil. Puree with an immersion blender or food processor. Add in the chopped artichoke hearts.

Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I love these flavors and that it's a nice, quick meal. What do you think I could sub for the goat cheese? (I know, I know, I'm one of those people who doesn't like it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're crazy. :) A creamy cheese like blue cheese would work well, although blue cheese is going to be a lot more pungent (obviously). I Googled and other suggestions were ricotta, cream cheese or mascarpone.

      Delete
  2. Wow - this sounds utterly fantastic. Looking forward to trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story- I made and blogged something similar today. I went to look at your blog, saw the title of the recipe, and actually did a double take to see if I went to my blog by accident LOL. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see trying it with cream cheese or mascarpone. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I also despise goat cheese, so I will sub that out.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!