Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sausage Biscuit Sandwiches

I used to make a hearty breakfast at least once on the weekend. Then Baby Girl was born and that went out the window. These days I'm lucky if I make breakfast once a month. But as soon as I saw these Sausage Biscuit Sandwiches over at Cassie Craves I knew I had to make them ASAP.


I have to admit, I was a little wary of the cream cheese and raspberry sauce on the sausage and egg sandwiches, but after the first bite I was hooked. I only wish I'd thought to cut the sausage patty in half so it was flatter and took up more of the biscuit surface area. I made breakfast potatoes to go alongside, but kept the portions small since we had a baby shower later that day. I could easily have eaten two sandwiches.

I knew SP wouldn't go for the jam and cream cheese so I made his with sausage, egg and cheese. Since the package of biscuits makes 8, I served us two sandwiches and froze the rest (all sausage, egg and cheese) with plans to defrost them for SP's breakfast during the week. I will absolutely be making these again and may even try to convince SP to try them with the jam and cream cheese.

Sausage Biscuit Sandwiches
Cassie Craves

1 package refrigerated buttery biscuits
1 package fresh breakfast sausage patties
Butter
8 eggs
Spreadable cream cheese
Raspberry jam or jelly

Bake biscuits as directed on package.

Meanwhile, fry sausage in a large skillet until cooked through. Remove to a paper towel to get rid of the excess grease. If your biscuits are large, slice the sausage patties in half lengthwise.

Wipe out the skillet you used to cook the sausage with a wad of paper towels. Add butter and cook eggs to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

To assemble sandwiches, spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on top and bottom slice of each biscuit. Spread top slice of each biscuit with about a tablespoon of raspberry jam or jelly. Add egg and sausage patty to the bottom slice of each biscuit, then cover with the top slice of each biscuit.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so, so glad you liked these! I was skeptical of the combination at first too, but isn't it crazy how well it works?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie - Surprisingly good. I can't wait to make them again. Maybe while we're on vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the sweet/savory combinations - I just put "make biscuits" on my menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so crazy! I was just thinking of making breakfasts for the freezer because mornings are rough at our house. LOL! The cream cheese and rasberry sounds like it would be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Biz - I hope you like them.

    Jessy - If you freeze them with the cream cheese and jam please let me know how they turn out. I'm craving these again already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. These sound incredible. Love a sweet and savory combination!
    Renee - Kudos Kitchen

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!