Friday, July 22, 2011

Recipe Swap Roundup - Dessert

If you love dessert be prepared to drool all over your keyboard. There were a lot of great submissions for this swap so without further ado...

Jey had to switch berries for her recipe due to the steep price of blueberries right now, but her modified Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes were still delicious:


Heather made a delicious, light and refreshing summer dessert - Key Lime Bars:


Melissa had a craving for s'mores and lucked out with S'More Cups for the swap:


Jaida adapted her recipe into a delicious Blackberry-Peach Sorbet:


Katie's recipe for Peach and Blueberry Crisp was a big hit at her husband's office (along with ice cream, of course):


The Cookaholic Wife made a delicious and easy Chinese Bakery Style Cake:


Kate made another fun summer dessert - Mini Key Lime Pies:


I made Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Frosting, which I loved:


Maryanna, a newcomer to the swaps, made Chocolate Covered Oreo Cupcakes that look divine:


Krystal really enjoyed her recipe for Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies:


Moviegirl03 baked outside her comfort zone with Chocolate Almond Cheesecake:


Christine had my recipe for Peanut Butter Bananas Chocolate Chip Cookies and I was happy to see that she thought they were amazing:


Lisa made Cherry Chocolate Chunkies:


She doesn't have a blog so here is her review:

Cookies are always a challenge for me. I usually have to make them at least twice to get them right due to the fact that I have to adjust for high altitude. Due to allergies, I had to remove the macadamia nuts, and due to living in a rural area, I didn't have access to candied cherries. I used canned cherries instead (they were huge so I chopped them up). They turned out a little flat, but that happens up here if I don't adjust the recipe appropriately. Despite all of the modifications, and the fact that I didn't adjust for altitude properly, my husband absolutely loved them. He said they were the best cookies I've ever made (and I know he wasn't just trying to make me feel better). Will absolutely try them again!

Coleen made Chocolate Cheesecake but unfortunately doesn't know where her camera is amongst all the boxes from her recent move. You can read her review here.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!