Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Buttery Pan Sauce

Pork tenderloin is one of those meats I only remember I like when I have 3 of them in my freezer waiting to be used. I'm always one the lookout for new ways to prepare it. I came across Amy's Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Buttery Pan Sauce and decided to make it with one of my recent recipe swaps (Balsamic Parmesan Asparagus).

Roasted Pork Tenderloin

I'm a big fan of marinating pork tenderloin overnight so it has plenty of time to soak up all the yummy flavors. This had great flavor and the pan sauce was perfect.

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Buttery Pan Sauce
As seen on Very Culinary, adapted from Chef Mommy

1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 teaspoons dry mustard
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound pork tenderloin

Pan Sauce:
Pan scrapings from pork tenderloin
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons of pork marinade (reserved)
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar

Combine all marinade ingredients and reserve 3 tablespoons in a small container. Place the pork tenderloin and marinade in a Ziplock bag and let marinate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a hot skillet over medium-high heat, sear each side of tenderloin for 2-3 minutes. Place tenderloin in a small baking dish or roasting pan, coated with cooking spray, and cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the meat has reached 160 degrees. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.

In the meantime, place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat. Add the chicken broth and scrape up all the browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Give the reserved marinade a quick stir and add it to the pan; let it boil down for 2 minutes. Add the butter and brown sugar; remove from heat stirring until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Cut the tenderloin into medium slices and pour the sauce on top.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. So many pork recipes are sweet, but I much prefer savory, like this one. I also have a tenderloin in the freezer - maybe I'll pull it out to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I'm the same way about pork loin. I rarely ever make it, and then when I do, I'm like "Oh that's right...I really like this." I have about 5 other pork loin recipes that keep getting buried in my to-do list. I should move them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been bookmarking pork tenderloin recipes lately after I realized how easy they are to cook. This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!