Thursday, April 26, 2012

Greek Pork Tenderloin

I've recently discovered the beauty of pork tenderloins. While my favorite recipe is, hands down, Orange and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin , I'm always on the lookout for new ways to prepare it. My supermarket sells pork tenderloin in a club pack with four tenderloins, which is a great deal and means I've always got a few tenderloins in the freezer.


Melissa posted this Greek Pork Tenderloin awhile back and I knew I had to make it ASAP. I was especially intrigued by the Mediterranean Couscous she served with it. Look for that post on Monday. One word - delicious. Check out this sneak peak in the photo below:


I marinated the pork all day and I think it would be even better overnight. The flavors really got into the meat and made it juicy and flavorful. I slightly overcooked the pork so definitely keep to the 3 minutes per side for the searing and 15 minutes in the oven.

This recipe has a permanent spot in my pork tenderloin rotation. Thanks for a fantastic meal, Melissa!

Greek Pork Tenderloin
I Was Born to Cook

1 (approximately 1 pound) pork tenderloin
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons dried oregano
Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients with pork in a large ziploc bag. Move around gently, then marinate at least 8 hours or as long as overnight, turning a few times.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add a little oil, then place pork inside and pan sear for 3 minutes on each side. Put skillet in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes.

Remove from the pan to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. This really is such a great meal! Definitely try the pork on the grill soon. Glad you guys are loving this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd love to try it on the grill but we use charcoal and I'm always worried about undercooking it or overcooking it because we can't really control the temp. Someday.

      Delete
  2. Not sure how I missed this on Melissa's blog, but I am glad I saw it on yours. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork tenderloin is one of the few things that my kids will eat, so I am always on the lookout for a new way to cook it. This looks delicious, quick and easy weeknight meal. -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great and easy weeknight meal. Make sure you do the couscous with it!

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! May I please share this on my blog? I'm so trying this dish this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make it feel free to take your own photos and blog about it, but I'm not OK with reblogging (copying my post and using it on your site). Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for providing such an excellent meal. This is an extraordinary dish! I followed the recipe as directed and it turned out great! I cook pork tenderloin at least two times within a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I served this the first time to a large family gathering. Marinated it overnight and my husband grilled it. We have made it numerous times since and it is always a big hit. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I'm glad it's such a huge hit.

      Delete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!