Thursday, July 14, 2011

Recipe Swap Roundup - Mexican

The theme for this week's recipe swap was Mexican. I love, love, love Mexican food so I was really excited to see what the ladies on my cooking board came up with.

Despite her hectic schedule Lindsay couldn't pass up a chance to make Mexican food and was thrilled with her recipe for Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas:


Mary Ellen had one of my favorite recipes (submitted by another participant...it's a favorite in the blogopshere), Mexican Sour Cream Rice:


Christine saw her recipe for 7 Layer Taco Pie as a blank canvas to express her creativity in the kitchen:


Alida, a newcomer to the swaps, was hesitant at first but ended up loving her recipe for Garlic Beef Enchiladas:


Heather, another die-hard Mexican food fan, was thrilled with her recipe for Mexican Chicken Eggrolls, a perfect appetizer or entree:


My husband and I both loved my recipe for Mexican Pizzas, a fun twist on traditional quesadillas:


Krystal, another newcomer to the swap and also a big fan of Mexican food, knew she'd love her recipe for Baked Chicken Chimichangas and they didn't disappoint:


Katie went out of her comfort zone dealing with fresh tomatillos in her recipe for Roasted Tomatillo Enchiladas:


Jey has a serious love for fish tacos so she was thrilled when she got Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa for the swap:


Moviegirl03 struggled a bit with her recipe for Rice with Roasted Poblanos, Spinach, and Queso Fresco:


... but loved the Creamy Salsa Chicken (another dish from Mary Ellen) she chose to make with it.

Brianna had my recipe for Grilled Shrimp Tacos with JalapeƱo-Ranch Sauce and really enjoyed it:


Melissa subbed beans for the zucchini in her recipe, making them Bean and Cheese Enchiladas:


Kate was happy for an excuse to make Mexican food at home and really enjoyed these Baked Chicken Chimichangas:


You can never have too much cheese, as Jaida found out with her recipe for Cheesy Enchilada Casserole:


Valerie lives in Amsterdam so she had quite the challenge ahead of her when she took on her recipe for Enchilada Lasagna:

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I just drooled again thinking about all these fantastic eats. I love this recipe swapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for orginazing this, there are so many recipes I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like soooo much fun! I would love to be a part of this. How can I? You can contact me at vickdn512@gmail.com, or comment on my blog

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the swaps. I love doing it!

    Desi - I emailed you but haven't gotten a reply.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!