Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ranch Pasta with Bacon, Spinach and Tomatoes

I recently discovered that I love the flavors of Ranch dressing. The herbs in the dressing add a great kick to anything I've added it to. SP was skeptical about this one, but after one bite he was hooked.


This recipe is very, very loosely based on a recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta that I printed out a long time ago. When I went to the blog the printout says it came from the recipe was very different, so I consider it more of an inspiration then anything else. I have to admit, I'm excited that I actually came up with a recipe on my own. I very rarely do that.



Ranch Pasta with Bacon, Spinach and Tomatoes
A Taste of Home Cooking Original

1 teaspoon dried parsley
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
Olive oil
4 garlic cloves minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 bag baby spinach
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 lb short cut pasta, cooked according to package directions
Grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese

Combine first 6 ingredients (through dried thyme) in a bowl and mix together. This is your Ranch seasoning. You can also use a packet of pre-made dried seasoning.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet large enough to hold the pasta over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and add Ranch seasoning, spinach and tomatoes. Cook until the spinach wilts. Add pasta and cooked bacon and toss to combine. Add grated cheese and taste for seasoning.
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Yum, I might have to make this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so amazing! I wonder if I could get DH to eat it? mmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash - It's a great flavor combo.

    Anon - Thanks. I hope you did and liked it. :)

    Abby - If you don't mention the word "ranch" you might have better luck. I think most people think of the creamy dressing and not the flavors that go into it and get turned off by the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was a great recipe. I may have to try it on my husband when he gets back from out of town, he loves ranch seasoning. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confused on the directions..after boiling the cream/garlic together, your method says to add Ranch seasoning, however I don't see seasoning in the ingredients? Did I just miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moviegirl - I'm glad you liked it!

    cmfashion - I made the directions a little clearer, but in the first step when you mix the seasonings together, that is the Ranch seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Duh!! Thanks Home Cook!! We're trying it tonight, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this last night, my daughter had 3 "toddler" sized helpings. I was shocked. Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great creation!! We loved this!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!