Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chicken Burgers with Garlic-Rosemary Mayo

Delicious. That about sums up my feelings on this amazing burger.


If you were to judge a recipe by the number of ingredients, these Chicken Burgers with Garlic-Rosemary Mayo shouldn't be as nearly good as they are. But man, are they good. I seriously considered having two for dinner the night I made these, they were that good.

Once again, I ground my own chicken. If you have chicken breasts and a food processor there's no reason to buy ground chicken, in my opinion. I really enjoyed being able to pick the rosemary from my herb garden. That's one of the reasons it's taken me so long to make these. I've had the recipe printed for ages, ever since I saw Giada make them on her show, but I hate paying upwards of $3 for rosemary at the supermarket.

Make these soon. They'll be making another appearance on our table for sure.

Chicken Burgers with Garlic-Rosemary Mayo
Giada De Laurentiis

Mayonnaise:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 clove garlic, minced

Burgers:
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 sandwich rolls or burger buns
1 cup arugula, divided

For the mayonnaise: In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, garlic, and rosemary; set aside.

For the burgers: Preheat a gas or charcoal grill or place a grill pan over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture. Using clean hands, gently combine the ingredients and form the chicken mixture into 4 patties. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes on each side. Transfer to paper towels and let rest for a few minutes.

Brush the cut side of each roll with 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture. Toast until golden brown.

To assemble the burgers: Spread a dollop of the remaining mayonnaise mixture on the tops and bottoms of the toasted buns. Place the chicken burgers on the bottom halves of the buns. Top each with 1/4 cup of arugula and finish with the top half of the bun.
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw these on your meal plan, I was like, "Yep. I'll be making these." I'm so glad to see that they're as delicious as they sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, you won't be disappointed. They're so good just seeing the pic is making me crave them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do look amazing! I haven't been a fan of ground chicken in the past, I used it for some spicy chicken cakes and didn't like the consistency, but I would give it a try again for this burger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desi - I hope you try it and like it. They're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower stopping by to say hi and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made these tonight and they were delicious! I used spinach because the arugula was pricey but we still loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tonya - I'm glad you loved it. As soon as I saw your comment I started craving this burger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought the chicken for these burgers. I've been so disappointed by chicken burgers in the past- these look like they could be winners!
    Can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!