Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pizza Paninis

I needed another quick and easy dinner last week and these Pizza Paninis looked great.


I had some pizza sauce in the freezer from when I was doing Pizza Fridays, so all I had to do was heat it up before serving. I added sliced black olives and used shredded Mexican cheese just because we always have it on hand. These were so good I either need to make a more substantial side dish to go with them or budget two sandwiches per person. And like Cassie said, the filling possibilities are endless.

Pizza Panini
Cassie Craves

Frozen garlic Texas toast
Deli-sliced pepperoni
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza sauce

Prepare garlic toast according to package directions. To assemble sandwiches, top a slice of garlic toast with pepperoni and a sprinkling of cheese, then another piece of garlic toast. Cook in a panini press until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This idea is genius! Perfect time for you to share this because I have some pepperoni in my fridge that's about to go bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I sit, slapping my forehead - why didn't I ever think of this? It looks amazing and I know everyone in my family would love it - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, let's see if I can comment now... :)

    I'm so glad you liked these! Next time I'm definitely adding black olives and banana peppers to mine. Thanks for the shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so good. Cassie is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice little kids meals, looks simple and easy, cheers.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!