Monday, February 28, 2011

Pizza Friday: The Works

Pizza Friday has returned to A Taste of Home Cooking! I'm very excited about this because (1) I'd grown tired of spending so much money on takeout pizza and (2) because I love finding new pizza recipes to try.

To get back into the swing of things I kept it simple with an old favorite - The Works:


Unfortunately the pepperoni looked a little funny so I had to leave it off. This pizza usually involves pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and olives. Delicious.

Question: What pizza toppings do you enjoy? Please leave me a comment so we can broaden our pizza horizons!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Looks delish! Love the new blog look btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pizza Fridays!! Looks as awesome as ever.

    You know Italian market sausage and spinach (with roasted garlic sauce, not red sauce) is my favorite. But bacon and leeks with that same sauce has also been a highly dazzling combination. I got that idea from Serious Eats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoshana - Thanks!

    Melissa - I need to check your blog or Facebook for the roasted garlic sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pizza looks amazing! I could eat pizza for every meal. It's all about the dough. But my favorite right now is SMOG (sausage, mushroom, onion, green pepper).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crust looks great! I put whatever I can find in the fridge on mine. That's usually ham, spinach, mushrooms (fresh, not from the can!), onions, black olives, banana peppers and - the piece pièce de résistance - feta cheese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza Fridays - what a great idea! I may borrow this idea for next week. My favorite toppings are kalamata olives and capicola.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!