Friday, February 18, 2011

Chicken Salad

I love chicken salad, especially since I discovered the beauty of fruit and nuts as add-ins. I love the sweetness from the fruit and the crunch from the nuts. I knew I'd found a new recipe to add to my growing chicken salad collection when I saw this recipe for Chicken Salad at Sing for Your Supper. It has two of my favorite fruits - grapes and pineapple - as well as almonds. I whipped up a batch this weekend to have for lunches during the week, but I was feeling hungry while I spent a marathon day in the kitchen so I made myself a sandwich. Delicious.



Chicken Salad
Modified from Sing for Your Supper

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 can pineapple chunks, each piece cut into quarters (crushed would be fine as well)
1 handful green grapes, sliced into halves
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 squirt lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste

Place the chicken breasts in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover the tops. Boil on medium heat for approximately 30 minutes, until chicken is very tender. Remove the chicken and let cool.

Once the chicken is cool, shred the meat into small pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add in celery, pineapple, grapes and almonds.

In a small bowl, make the sauce. Stir together the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir until combined. Taste for seasoning.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I am doing a online tupperware party for my aunt. she really wanted the hostess gift and had a party planed but ended up in the hospital. if anyone is intrested please send me you e-mail address to goylith@yahoo.com. and i will e-mail over the online invite. i really want to earn it for her as a suprise for when she gets home from the hospital. thank you everyone

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!