Monday, January 04, 2010

Christmas Dinner

This year my mom took over the cooking of the traditional Christmas feast. She made a standing rib roast, which my stepdad expertly carved:


... as well as Yorkshire pudding with the pan drippings:


My mom took these pics because I was feeding the baby, so I don't have closeups of the green beans with almonds or the mashed potatoes, but here's a table shot:


And my plate with a little bit of everything:


The meat was done perfectly, nice and rare. Everything was fantastic and a great meal to celebrate our first Christmas with Baby Girl. Dessert was a yummy, dense chocolate cake:


... and coffee. I could have eaten half the cake, it was that good.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!! Do you have a recipe for that chocolate cake??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Stephanie, the cake was store-bought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rib roast looks A-MA-ZING. Done perfectly. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!