Monday, October 19, 2009

Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole

As I recently said, I love casseroles for their ease and because they can be so darn good. This recipe for Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole was not only easy, it was really tasty.



Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
Erica's Kitchen Adventures

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 lb diced ham
2 cups poached, shredded chicken breast (1 lb chicken breasts)
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 14 oz can chicken broth
3 cups cooked rice (1 cup uncooked rice)
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup shredded mozzarella and/or Swiss

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic, chicken and ham and cook for another 5 minutes until heated through. Add the butter and cook until melted, then stir in the flour, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly stir in the chicken broth, then mix in the rice.

Transfer mixture to a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is browned and the dish is bubbling hot. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This is inspiring me! I love chicken cordon bleu...and I love casseroles!

    I've made chicken cordon bleu pizza and wraps and stuffed bread...but never a casserole! Eureka! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really yummy. I'd love to try it to add some more casseroles to my repertoire - they're so easy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this recipe. I made it last night, and it was a big hit with DH and I. DS is having it for lunch right now and is enjoying it as well. A hit for the whole family! Thanks again! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!