Monday, April 21, 2014

Goat Cheese and Apple Chicken

Recently I had half a log of goat cheese leftover and I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it. I'd had Nicole's Goat Cheese and Apple Chicken saved for awhile and couldn't wait to try it.



We all enjoyed this a lot, although I found myself wishing for a bit more of the goat cheese. The apple flavor was less pronounced than I thought it would be but I loved the crunch mixed with the creaminess of the cheese. I'll definitely make this one again.

Goat Cheese and Apple Chicken
As seen on Prevention RD

non-stick cooking spray
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
salt and pepper
20 saltine crackers
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced

Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper.

Add the saltines to a food processor and pulse to make crumbs. You could also add the crackers to a bag and smash them into crumbs. Place the crumbs in a shallow bowl or pie plate and add the garlic salt. In another shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the egg with a fork, then add the water. Dip the seasoned chicken into the egg and then the cracker mixture.

Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add the oil. Cook the chicken on both sides until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Place the chicken in the baking dish.

In another small bowl combine the goat cheese and the apple. Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.

Bake the chicken for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is warm and browned. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I have some goat cheese at home just waiting to be used up, I need to try this. It sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!