Friday, August 16, 2013

Chicken Salad with Avocado, Tomato, and Corn

Last month I went on a road trip with some college friends to attend another college friend's wedding lunch. At some point on the 6-hour trip home one of my friends mentioned a sandwich she loves ordering for lunch - chicken salad made with avocado, tomato and corn with a lime mayo. It sounded so good I immediately wrote down the ingredients so I could make it at home.

chickensalad

I've mentioned before that SP isn't a fan of "stuff" in his chicken salad. No matter - it's easy to make two versions of chicken salad. Lucky for me, Baby Girl shares my love of loading up chicken salad with various yummy add-ins. She and I really enjoyed these sandwiches.

Chicken Salad with Avocado, Tomato, and Corn

2 chicken breasts, roasted*
2 ears of corn, kernels cut off
1 avocado, diced
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
Fresh lime juice
1/2 cup mayo
Salt and pepper

To serve:
Toasted kaiser rolls or mixed greens
Romaine lettuce leaves

Dice the chicken and add to a large bowl. Add the corn, avocado and grape tomatoes. In another small bowl mix together the lime juice and mayo, then season with salt and pepper. Stir together, taste and adjust seasonings as needed.

Serve on toasted kaiser rolls or on top of mixed greens.

*Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil then arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in the center. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold the aluminum foil over the chicken breasts, and enclose them to form a packet. Bake the chicken (on the baking sheet) 35-45 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a chicken salad like this, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!